Lesson Plan: September 14 09/14/2011
21st Century Literacies
Online Course location (Adobe Connect, log in as "guest"): http://connect.odu.edu/engl665/
1. Questions, Concerns, Homework, etc.
2. Draw a cluster map connections between: Hawisher & Self; Ohmann, Selfe & Selfe
3. Discuss the three articles
4. Draw a cluster map making connections between the NCTE Position Statement you read about and the following: WPA Outcomes Statement, Framework for Success in Post Secondary Writing, Confronting the Challenges of Participatory Culture: Media Education for the 21st Century, and Route 21.
5. Discuss “21st Century Literacies”
6. Final Project Invention Work: Free Writing (MSWord/Google Docs), Focus (Highlight/Bold) & Looping(Write more)-->Wordle (Different type of focus): What major writing assignment in a class you teach or that you've taken as a student "failed" on some level? How/why did it not "work"?
7. Anson: Why read this?
8. Break up Jigsaw Assignments for Next Week’s Readings
9. Respond/Reflect/Discuss Brain Rules: Chapter 2
10. Announce: meeting in Skype for next 3 weeks (I’m “puptoes74,” friend me)
11. Ticket Out CAT...
CC image posted at Flickr by The Daring Librarian